Normally, you give commission to affiliates for referring customers. However, You can also use the Affiliates Manager plugin to award bonus commission to an affiliate for referring another affiliate to your site.
This will help you recruit more affiliates easily.
How Does the Affiliate Referral Bonus Feature Work?
The following example will explain the functionality this referral bonus extension provides:
- X is an affiliate of your site
- Another visitor Y is visiting affiliate X’s website.
- User Y clicks on an affiliate link and comes to your site/store.
- This user then decides to be your affiliate also.
- When this user Y signs up for an affiliate account and becomes your affiliate, affiliate X gets a bonus commission for referring this affiliate.
Step 1 (Install the addon)
Install and activate the Affiliate Referral Bonus Addon.
Step 2) Configure Settings
a) Go to the Affiliate Referral Bonus addon settings from the main admin menu.
b) Enter an amount value in the “Referral Commission Amount” field. This amount will be awarded to the affiliate who refers another affiliate to your site.
c) Click Save.
Now, when a user comes to your site (after clicking on an affiliate link) and becomes an affiliate, the addon will award the commission to the affiliate who referred that affiliate.